Kid Ultra arrives today in Battleborn and is the 29th playable hero available. If you are a Season Pass holders or Digital Deluxe owner then you can instantly unlock Kid Ultra early starting today, for all other players he will be available Thursday, November 3rd for 47,500 in-game credits.
So, who is this brand new hero? Originally designed for childcare missions, weaponless yet equipped with thousands of cartoons and comics hardwired in his databanks to entertain children, Kid Ultra came online just as Magna Carta, the LLC’s governing AI suddenly went dark, providing the newly fabricated robot without executable code. The only source of actionable information in his brain was the library of entertainment intended for placating and educating youngsters. When the Battleborn found Kid Ultraineffectually acting out his programming of a comic book “good guy” without armament, Nova and Kleese outfitted him with both an arsenal and a team at his back. Kid Ultra was finally the hero he wanted to be. He was a Battleborn.
Kid Ultra is now the apex of LLC support technology, dominating the battlefield by buffing and healing teammates while pacifying enemies with abilities including:
- ROCKET GAUNTLET: Loaded with six quick-fire rockets that detonate on impact.
- ROCKET VORTEXT: Fire up to three rockets in a tight spiral.
- SUPPORT DRONE: Deploy a healing drone to follow a target ally, temporarily increasing their maximum health and healing them over time. Max 2 drones at once.
- BOLA SNARE: Fire bolas that pass through units and slow any enemies in its path.
- (Ultimate) TO THE RESCUE: Activate to enter hover-mode and increase mobility. Deactivate to exit hover-mode, provide a burst of health to yourself and nearly allies, and push back enemies.
- (Passive) AURA OF JUSTICE: Participating in kills boosts nearly allies’ damage for a limited time.